- 3.5 kg Tegel Turkey
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- 6 rashers streaky bacon, trimmed roughly and chopped
- 2 oranges
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup roughly chopped toasted Brazil nuts
- 300 g bottle Wattie's Bit on the Side Cracker Cranberry Sauce
- 10-12 rashers streaky bacon (for covering the breast)
1. Defrost the Tegel Turkey according to the directions on the bag.
2. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and cook the garlic, onion and bacon until lightly browned and softened. Cover and cool.
3. Grate the zest from the oranges. Cut away the pith and then segment the orange.
4. In a bowl mix together the garlic, onions, bacon, orange rind and orange segments, nuts, thyme and 1 cup of the Wattie’s Bit on the Side Cracker Cranberry Sauce.
5. Fill the cavity of the Tegel Turkey with the filling and tie the legs together to secure the filling.
6. Glaze the turkey breasts only with a little warmed Wattie’s Bit on the Side Cracker Cranberry Sauce and cover the breast with bacon rashers.
7. Weigh the turkey and cook according to the directions on the back of the Tegel bag. Serve hot with Cranberry Gravy or cold with salad ingredients and Cranberry Mayonnaise.
Stir together 1 1/2 cups of light turkey or chicken gravy with 1/2 cup Wattie’s Bit on the Side Cracker Cranberry Sauce and simmer 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Cranberry Mayonnaise: Mix 1 cup of Eta or Heinz Seriously Good Classic Mayonnaise with 1/2 cup Wattie’s Bit on the Side Cracker Cranberry Sauce.