Roast Chicken with Double Tomato Creme Fraiche
Enjoy a super easy roast chicken with a delicious creamy tomato sauce, it's so easy you could have it mid week.
- 1 Tegel Ready to Roast Homestyle Chicken
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 large tomatoes, halved and deseeded
- 250g pottle Tararua Creme Fraiche
- 8 sundried tomato halves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil or parsley leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper
Add 1/2 cup white wine, chicken stock or cooking juices if a thinner sauce is desired.
1. Cook the Tegel Ready to Roast Seasoned Chicken in its cooking oven bag at 180°C for 85 minutes as directed on the packet.
2. Heat a dash of oil in a small frying pan or saucepan, fry onion and garlic gently until softened.
3. Chop the tomatoes finely and add to the pan with the Tararua Creme Fraiche and sundried tomatoes and heat gently. Season with basil or parsley leaves, salt and pepper.
4. Serve warm with the Roast Chicken.