A delicious meal, full of flavour especially using Apple Cider! I used Apple and Maple Syrup marinated pork medallions and a delight to the tastebuds! Will be definitely cooking this again!
Pork and Apple Cider Braise
Trim and tender pork always gains its fair share of praise and this zesty dish is no exception. Sure to be a favourite with kids and adults alike.
- 500g 100% New Zealand Trim Pork Steaks
- 1 leek, washed and sliced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 300g bottle Wattie's Bit on the Side Absolutely Apple Sauce
- 3/4 cup cider or chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped sage or 2 tsp dried
If you are making this recipe for someone who is gluten-free use cider and not chicken stock (or make sure you source a gluten-free stock).
1. Cut 100% New Zealand Trim Pork Steaks into 3cm pieces. Heat a dash of oil in a lidded frying pan, quickly brown the pork pieces, turning once. Set aside.
2. Gently pan fry the leek, ginger and celery in the residue oil until tender but not brown. Pour over Wattie’s Bit on the Side Absolutely Apple Sauce with the cider or stock and stir to combine.
3. Return the browned pork to the sauce and simmer very gently for 10 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and sage. Serve hot with mashed potato and steamed green vegetables.