- 1 cup prunes, chopped
- 70 g pack pistachio nuts
- ½ cup Wattie's Bit on the Side Oriental Plum Sauce
- 1.5-1.6 kg 100% NZ Pork Boneless Shoulder Roast
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chicken stock or white wine
- juice of 1 orange
1. Combine chopped prunes, pistachios and 1/4 cup of Wattie’s Bit on the Side Oriental Plum Sauce, mix well.
2. Place the 100% NZ Pork Boneless Shoulder Roast skin side down on a board, arrange the stuffing down the centre of the pork, roll and tie securely with string. Rub the skin with oil and sprinkle with salt.
3. Roast the pork in an oven preheated to 220°C for 20 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 170°C for a further 70 minutes. Test the pork is ready by piercing the pork with a skewer at the thickest part; if the juices run clear, the pork is cooked. Alternatively, use a meat thermometer and cook the pork to 71°C. Cover and rest the pork for 15 minutes before carving.
4. Drain the excess fat from the roasting pan. Stir stock or wine into pan with remaining 1/4 cup Wattie’s Bit on the Side Oriental Plum Sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes to make a thin gravy. Serve pork shoulder sliced with vegetables and oriental plum gravy.