We love plums and the Black Doris variety are a particular favourite. This shortcake recipe is very easy - just throw the ingredients into a food processor and you’ll have it in the oven in less than 15 minutes. Serve with a large scoop of yoghurt or ice cream. Simply Divine!
- 850g can Wattie's Black Doris Plums in Syrup, drained
- 1 ½ cup ground almonds
- 150g butter, softened
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 ½ cup self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Craig's Black Doris Plum Jam
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 160ºC. Line the base of a 23cm loose-bottomed cake tin with baking paper. Halve the Wattie’s Black Doris Plums and remove the stones.
2. Mix ground almonds, butter, caster sugar, self raising flour and eggs in a food processor or with electric beaters until the ingredients are combined. Press two thirds of the mixture over the base of the cake tin.
3. Drop spoonfuls of Craig’s Black Doris Plum Jam over the mixture and then place the plum halves on top.
4. Dot the remaining shortcake mixture over the plums. Sprinkle over the sliced almonds.
5. Bake for 55-60 minutes until cooked and golden. Cool in the tin before removing.
Serve dusted with icing sugar.