- 75g butter, melted
- 250g pkt gingernuts, finely crushed
- 850g can Wattie’s Black Doris Plums in Syrup
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 cup cream
- 4½ tsp gelatine powder
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 cup reserved plum syrup
1. Line the base and sides of a 22cm loose bottom springform cake tin with baking paper.
2. Mix the melted butter into the biscuit crumbs and press into the base of the tin. Refrigerate while preparing the filling.
3. Drain Wattie’s Black Doris Plums in Syrup and reserve the syrup. Remove the stones from the plums.
4. With electric beater, beat the cream cheese, sugar and plums in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add the cream and beat again until well mixed.
5. Pour ¼ cup of boiling water into a small bowl. Add the gelatine and stir to dissolve. Stir into the cheesecake mixture.
6. In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Fold into the cheesecake mixture. Pour over the biscuit base. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours until set.
7.To serve, release the sides of the tin and remove the baking paper from the sides then slide the cheesecake off the baking paper base onto a serving platter. Serve with the plum coulis and garnish with fresh plums or seasonal fruits.
Mix cornflour into ¼ of the cold syrup. Pour this and remaining syrup into a small saucepan. Heat stirring continuously until the coulis thickens and boils. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Refrigerate until cold. Serve with the cheesecake