- 1 plain sponge (approx 225g)
- 410 g can Wattie's Peaches Sliced in Clear Fruit Juice
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- strawberries to decorate
- whipped cream (optional)
1. Line a 1-2 litre bowl with cling film, draping it over the sides to allow enough to cover the bowl later.
2. Cut the sponge into fingers and place them in the base and up the sides of the bowl.
3. Chop the Wattie's Peaches and put aside. In a bowl soften ice cream. Gently mix peaches through the ice cream. Spoon into the sponge-lined bowl and fold cling film over the top and cover with foil. Freeze for 5 hours or overnight.
4. Serve upturned, garnish with strawberries and whipped cream.
This recipe can be easily doubled to feed a crowd.