Recipes by Di Swann
1. Finely chop 1 red onion. Slice chorizo.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium sized frying pan and add the onion and chorizo. Cook over medium heat until onion is soft.
3. Add Wattie’s Baked Beans and Paper Moon's Manuka and Pohutukawa Smoked Fennel Tomato Relish*.
Stir and continue cooking until the beans are hot.
4. Add a handful of parsley and spring onion. Season to taste. Cover and keep warm.
5. Prepare Easy Hollandaise Sauce^
and keep warm.
6. Grill or fry Kiwi Middle Bacon until cooked.
7. Poach eggs in simmering water until cooked.
8. Cut 2 bagels in half and toast.
Place a bagel half on each plate. Divide half the bean mixture on the bagels. Top each with 2 rashers of cooked bacon. Place the bagel top on the bacon. Divide the remaining bean mixture on top of the bagel. Top with a poached egg.
Garnish with fresh cress or micro greens. Serve hollandaise on the side.
If you wish to substitute the relish add 2 tablespoons of Wattie’s Bit on the Side Tomato Relish.