Recipes by Di Swann
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Roll the 2 sheets of short pastry together until they are large enough to line the base and sides of a 24cm loose bottom flan tin. Trim the edges.
2. Line the pastry with baking paper and then fill with baking blind material.
3. Bake for 12 minutes and then remove the baking blind material and return the flan to the oven for a further 5-7 minutes until the pastry is well cooked. Cool.
4. In a saucepan put the butter and sugar and when the butter has melted, simmer for 1 minute.
5. Stir in the Tararua Traditional Cream Cheese and Eta Smooth Peanut Butter and continue to stir until the mixture is smooth and thick. Quickly beat in the egg. Remove from the heat.
6. Slice the bananas over the base of the pastry flan, then pour over the peanut toffee filling.
Refrigerate for 2 hours or until required.