- 500 g lean beef or lamb mince
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely crushed
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp cocoa
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Wattie's Tomato Paste
- 1 cup beef stock or water
- 420 g can Wattie's Chilli Beans Hot
- 2 x 250 g packet SunRice Long Grain White Rice in 90 seconds
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
1. In a non-stick pan heat a dash of oil and brown mince in batches. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Add a dash more oil to the pan if required. Add the onion, garlic and capsicum and cook for 2 minutes until beginning to soften. Stir in ground spices and cocoa.
3. Return mince to the pan and add tomato paste and 1 cup stock or water. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add Wattie's Chilli Beans and cook a further 15-20 minutes until beans are heated through and mince is cooked.
4. Heat SunRice White Rice according to the directions on the packet. Place rice in a serving dish and toss through the chopped parsley. Serve with a salad or your favourite green vegetables.
Crockpot/Slow Cooker Instructions:
For best results, follow steps 1 & 2 and place in slow cooker with chilli beans, tomato paste, and stock. Cook on LOW for 5-6 hours (refer to your user manual). Alternatively, place ingredients without browning and water or stock in slow cooker and cook as above.
Watch How To Video
For a milder flavour use Wattie’s Mild Chilli Beans
Ideal for creating delicious pasta sauces and casseroles, the unique single serve format means there’s no mess or waste. No added salt or sugar or preservatives.
Nourishing kidney beans are added to a thick and rich blend of tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, onions and chilli powder. The delicious hot flavour is suitable for those looking for something hot and spicy!