- 4 rashers bacon, finely chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 400 g can Wattie's Mexican Style Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped coriander or parsley
- 4 eggs
- tortillas or toast
1. Cook the bacon and onion in the oil in a frying pan over a moderately hot heat for about 5-7 minutes until the bacon and onion are golden and very fragrant.
2. Add the Wattie's Mexican Style Tomatoes and coriander or parsley and simmer 2 minutes.
3. Make 4 wells in the centre of the sauce and break an egg into each well.
4. Cover and simmer for about 4 minutes until the eggs are cooked.
Serve an egg with a little sauce on top of a warm tortilla or slice of buttered toast.
Note: If you like chillis add a chopped fresh red or dried red chilli with the tomatoes.