- 500 g lean beef mince
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 420 g can Wattie's Chilli Beans Mild
- 400 g can Wattie's Mexican Style Tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock or water
- 6 burrito tortillas
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- juice of 1 lemon
1. Brown the mince, onion and carrot in the oil in a hot pan. This may be best done in two batches.
2. Add the Wattie's Chilli Beans Mild and Mexican Style Tomatoes and stock and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Layer the beef and tomato mixture in a 6-cup-capacity oven-proof dish with the buritto tortillas. Finishing with a layer of tortillas on top and sprinkle over the grated cheese.
4. Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes.
5. Combine the salsa ingredients together and serve with a wedge of Mexican Tomato and Bean Bake.
For an extra kick try the Wattie's Chilli Beans Hot.
To create NZ's top-selling chilli beans we add nourishing red kidney beans to a thick and rich blend of tomatoes, capsicum, onion and chilli powder. The delicious mild flavour is suitable for the whole family.