Recipes by Di Swann
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan bake). Cut 4 (17cm diameter) circles out of the pastry, re-rolling the pastry as necessary. Line 4 individual pie dishes (8cm diameter) with the pastry, allowing the excess pastry to hang over the sides of the dishes. Set aside while preparing the filling.
2. Mix together Wattie’s Mexican Style Red Kidney Beans and Wattie’s Frozen Chuckwagon Corn Mix. Divide the filling between the pastry cases.
3. Sprinkle grated cheese over the beans. Fold in excess pastry over the bean filling. Brush pastry top with a little beaten egg or milk. Bake for 20-25 minutes until pastry is golden and filling hot.
1. Replace Chuckwagon corn with frozen corn kernels if wished.
2. Use deep muffin pans in place of individual pie dishes - cutting circles to fit the tins, allowing a 2-3 cm over hang.