Maple and Orange Glazed Ham
Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without a ham on the bone - and a delicious home-made glazing will make it extra special. Our sweet Orange and Maple Glaze is sure to impress! Serve ham glazed, hot or cold, with vegetables or salad and minted new potatoes.
- 4.5kg 100% New Zealand Ham Cooked on the Bone
- 1 cup Cottee's Maple Flavoured Syrup
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup wholegrain mustard
1. Carefully run your fingers under the skin of the 100% New Zealand Ham Cooked on the Bone to lift it away. Do this slowly so you finish with a smooth layer of fat. Place ham in a foil-lined roasting dish.
2. Using a small sharp knife cut the ham fat layer into a diamond pattern.
3. Mix together the Cottee’s Maple Flavoured Syrup , orange juice and wholegrain mustard and brush this liberally over the ham. Pour 2 cups of water around the ham.
4. To glaze and serve hot, bake at 160ºC allowing 20 minutes per kg, brushing with glaze every 15 minutes. To glaze and serve cold, bake at 180ºC for 35-40 minutes, brushing with glaze every 15 minutes.
BBQ Cooking Instructions: Preheat lidded BBQ to 200°C, place ham in a tray in the centre of the BBQ. Cover and return to temperature. Turn off the two inside burners and leave the two outer burners on and cook at 200°C for approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes, (or until ham is hot through to the bone) brushing with glaze every 15 minutes. To glaze and serve cold cook for 45 minutes.
How to Remove the Skin of a Ham: