Maple Nut Tart
- 1 sheet ready rolled sweet shortcrust pastry
- 1 1/2 cup mixed nuts* (210g), toasted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup Cottee's Maple Flavoured Syrup
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 eggs
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190ºC.
2. Re-roll the sheet of pastry to line the base and sides of a 19cm loose-bottom flan tin. Trim the edges. Chill for 10 minutes.
3. To blind bake : Line the pastry with baking paper and fill with baking beans or uncooked rice. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. Remove the blind baking material and return the tart to the oven for a further 3-4 minutes. Remove and cool. Reduce oven temperature to 180ºC.
5. Distribute the toasted nuts evenly over the base of pastry.
6. Beat together the brown sugar, flour, Cottee’s Maple Flavoured Syrup, lemon zest and eggs. Pour into the tart case.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the filing is set.
Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
* Choose a selection of your favourite nuts such as pecans, almonds, macadamias and hazelnuts. Place on an oven tray and toast in a preheated 190ºC oven for 5-8 minutes, until golden.
How to Blind Bake: