Recipes by Di Swann
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Heat a dash of oil in a saucepan and over medium heat cook the onion and garlic until soft. Stir in the cumin and cook a further minute. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add chopped spinach and drained Wattie’s Lentils in Springwater. Add the ricotta. Season with salt and black pepper to taste and mix together.
2. Heat the Wattie’s Passata in a saucepan until hot. Stir through basil pesto. Pour 1/3 of the passata into a lasagne style dish (approx 2L capacity).
3. Cut each fresh lasagne pasta sheet into 4. Divide the mixture and spoon generous ammounts of filling along the short end of the pasta sheet and roll loosely to enclose the filling, to make the cannelloni. Place into the lasagne dish seam-side down. Continue with the remaining filling and pasta, placing the filled cannelloni in a single layer in the dish.
4. Pour the remaining Passata over the cannelloni. Scatter over the grated parmesan.
5. Cover dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and continue cooking for a further 20 – 25 minutes until pasta is tender and top golden.