So so easy, and the Kids love making them and eating them.
There’s nothing like the smell of homemade baking. Who doesn’t like a homemade scone? Topped with jam and cream they’ll keep coming back for more!
- 4 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- pinch of salt
- 300 ml cream
- 300 ml lemonade or soda water
1. Preheat oven to 220°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Sift flour and salt into a bowl. Make a well. Pour the cream and lemonade or soda water into the dry ingredients and mix together to form a soft dough.
3. Turn the dough out onto a well-floured bench, dust lightly with flour and gently roll out into a rectangle. Cut into approximately 12 pieces and lift each onto the baking tray.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and cool inside a clean tea towel to help keep their freshness.
Serve with butter or your favourite jam and whipped cream.
To make cheese scones, add grated cheese and a pinch of cayenne pepper. To make sultana or date scones, add ¼ - ½ cup of sultanas or chopped dates.