- 425 g can Wattie's Boysenberries in Syrup
- 250 g packet sponge fingers
- 300 ml cream
- 1 cup thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 75 g dark chocolate
1. Drain the Wattie’s Boysenberries and reserve the syrup. Dip half the sponge fingers in half of the boysenberry syrup and make a layer on the base of 6-8 serving dishes. Breaking the sponge fingers if necessary.
2. Roughly chop most of the chocolate, reserving a small amount to decorate. Whip the cream until smooth and thickened and fold through the yoghurt and chopped chocolate.
3. Divide half of the creamy mixture between the dishes. Gently mash the boysenberries and layer them in the dishes.
4. Dip the remaining sponge fingers in the remaining boysenberry juice and make another layer in the dishes. Finish with a layer of cream mixture and grate over the remaining chocolate then chill for an hour before serving.
This can also be made in one large dish.
If sponge fingers cannot be found use trifle sponge. Rather than dipping the sponge place in the dishes and pour over the boysenberry syrup.