- 750 g piece boned out leg lamb
- ¼ cup dark soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Wattie's Bit on the Side Java Satay Sauce to accompany
1. Trim any excess fat from the lamb. Cut the lamb into long thin slices. Cut any wide slices into strips about 3cm wide.
2. Place the meat in a deep bowl with the soy sauce, garlic and brown sugar and toss to mix. Set aside to marinate for one hour or overnight.
3. Thread the lamb in a concertina fashion on to bamboo skewers (see cook's tips).
4. Grill under a moderately high heat for 4-5 minutes each side until deep brown and cooked, turning once. Alternatively BBQ over a moderate heat, turning regularly to avoid any burning. Serve with Wattie's Bit on the Side Java Satay Sauce.
Soak the bamboo skewers in cold water 30 minutes before threading the lamb on. This will help prevent the skewers from burning while cooking.
Wattie's® Bit on the Side® Java Satay is a sauce that stands up to a grilling! Peanutty with a spicy little curry note. Perfect for dipping, marinading or for use in a stir-fry. Available in a 300g bottle.