Recipes by Di Swann
Ideal for creating delicious pasta sauces and casseroles, the unique single serve format means there’s no mess or waste. No added salt or sugar or preservatives.
A mildly spiced and creamy coconut sauce enriched with Indian spices. Suitable for chicken, lamb, beef, vegetables.
1. To make Lamb Korma heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and brown lamb. Set aside.
2. Pan-fry onion, garlic and ginger for 2-3 minutes untill softened. Add Wattie's Tomato Paste and browned lamb. Stir untill meat and onion mixture is coated.
3. Stir in Wattie's Korma Curry Sauce. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes untill lamb is cooked.
4. To make Saag Aloo, parboil potatoes in lightly salted water for 8-10 minutes. Drain.
5. While potatoes are cooking, melt butter in a medium frying pan and pan-fry ginger, garlic and onion for 2-3 minutes untill softened.
6. Add parboiled potatoes, cumin, turmeric and chilli flakes. Stir to combine, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
7. Add Wattie's frozen Free-flow Spinach and stir to combine. Cover again and cook for 4-5 minutes untill potatoes and spinach are hot and cooked. Add 2-3 tablespoons water if mixture seems dry. Serve with Lamb Korma and boiled rice.
To boost the vegetable content you can add frozen peas or beans to the Lamb Korma in the last 5 minutes of cooking.