Recipes by Di Swann
1. To make the burger patties, trim and chop the spring onion finely and put into a mixing bowl. Add the mince and Wattie’s 50% Less Sugar* Tomato Sauce. Mix everything together.
2. Shape mince mixture into 8 patties. Place on a tray lined with baking paper and refrigerate for 10 minutes, so that they hold their shape when cooking.
3. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a non-stick frying pan. Over a medium heat cook the patties for 4 minutes.
Turn the patties and cook a further 4 minutes, or until they are cooked through. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels.
4. Cut the slider buns in half. Spread mayonnaise on the base of each bun. Place a piece of lettuce, and a slice of tomato onto the bun. Top with the burger pattie and a good squirt of Wattie’s 50% Less Sugar* Tomato Sauce. Place the other half of the slider bun on top. Push a toothpick through the burger to hold everything in place before serving. Awesome!
Try this recipe with the new Wattie's 50% Less Sugar** Ezy Squeeze Bottle!
* Compared to regular Wattie’s Tomato Sauce 560g based on same comparative volume.
** Compared to regular Wattie’s Tomato Sauce 565g .