Jazzy Apricot Chicken
This is the sort of chicken dish that works for the whole family – with dried apricots turning a simple dish into something very special.
- 6 Tegel Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 carrot, peeled and very finely sliced
- 300g bottle Wattie's Bit on the Side Spiced Apricot Sauce
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 12 dried apricots
- 2 Tbsp lite sour cream
1. Remove the skin from the chicken thigh fillets.
2. Heat a dash of oil in a large frying pan and brown the chicken pieces over a moderate to high heat until nicely browned. Transfer to a casserole.
3. Add the onion, garlic and carrot to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the Wattie’s Bit on the Side Spiced Apricot Sauce and stock and bring to the boil. Transfer to the casserole, sprinkling the apricots on top.
5. Cook at 180°C for 45 minutes until the chicken is tender.Stir in the sour cream just before serving.
Serve on steamed rice with some green vegetables.
Crockpot/Slow Cooker Instructions:
Prepare the recipe following step 1 to 4 and place in a slow cooker omitting the chicken stock. Cook on LOW for approx 8 hours (refer to your user manual). Serve as above.
This recipe can also be made in the slow cooker with bone-in chicken thighs.