Recipes by Di Swann
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (fan bake). Grease a 12-hole muffin pan.
2. Sift flour and baking soda into a mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar.
3. In a jug whisk together yoghurt, eggs and vanilla extract.
4. Carefully fold into the dry ingredients with the melted butter until just combined. Do not over mix.
5. Place a spoonful of the mixture into each muffin hole and make an indent in the centre. Drop a teaspoon of Craig’s Black Doris Plum Jam on top. Cover the jam with the remaining mixture. Smooth the tops with the back of a teaspoon. Bake for approx 18-20 minutes until they are golden and spring back when pressed. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes.
6. Brush the doughnuts lightly with melted butter then roll in the cinnamon sugar. Serve warm.
To make the Cinnamon Sugar:
Mix the sugar and cinnamon together.