Recipes by Di Swann
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Cook onion and garlic in a dash of oil in a saucepan until onion has softened. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
2. Drain the excess water from the defrosted Wattie’s Free Flow Spinach using a sieve. Put spinach into a mixing bowl with onion and garlic, 100% New Zealand Pork Mince, parsley and tomato paste. Season well with salt and ground black pepper. Mix to combine.
3. Pour a third of the Wattie’s Pesto Style Tomatoes into a lasagne style dish (2-litre capacity).
4. Cut lasagne sheets into approximately 12x18cm pieces. Put an eighth of the meat filling along one end of the pasta sheet and roll up. Place into dish seam-side down. Continue assembling and place in a single layer in the dish. Add remaining Pesto Style Tomatoes. Sprinkle over grated cheese. Cover dish with foil.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue cooking for a further 10-15 minutes until meat and pasta are cooked and top is golden. Serve with a crisp salad on the side.
Replace pork mince with chicken if preferred.