Recipes by Di Swann
1. Split the Tegel chicken down the backbone and flatten the bird.
2. Heat half the butter in an ovenproof frying pan and place the chicken in and allow it to cook over a moderate heat for 2-3 minutes.
3. Sift the flour on top. Dot the remaining butter over, scatter over the herbs and bacon and season well with pepper.
4. Bake at 190°C for 45 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Add the wine and boil to reduce by half. Stir in the stock to the pan and simmer for 1-2 minutes, before seasoning with black pepper. Serve the sauce with the chicken, potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
5. Scatter the Wattie's frozen Rosemary and Garlic Roasters on a baking tray and add to the chicken in the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
When you remove th e chicken from the oven, increase the heat to 230°C for 5 minutes to crispen the roasters while you make the chicken sauce.