- 600g gravy beef, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 150g button mushrooms, halved
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 420g can Wattie's Condensed Tomato Soup
- ½ cup beef stock or water
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼-½ cup lite sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Heat a dash of oil in a flame proof casserole. Over high heat brown meat in batches. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat. Add onion and capsicum and cook for 3-4 minutes to allow vegetables to soften. Add garlic and mushrooms. Return beef to pan.
Stir in paprika. Pour over Wattie’s Condensed Tomato Soup and stir in beef stock. Bring to the boil. Add bay leaves. Cover. Transfer casserole to oven. Cook for 2 – 2 ½ hours until beef is tender.
Remove from the oven. Stir in sour cream if wished. Serve over egg noodles accompanied with your favourite green vegetables.