Recipes by Di Swann
1. If using a frozen Tegel Turkey, defrost according to the instructions on the pack. Rinse the pack, taking note of the cooking instructions.
2. Heat a frying pan with a dash of oil and gently fry onion, celery and ginger until tender, but not brown. Remove from the heat, stir Rose’s Sweet Orange Marmalade into the warm onion mixture.
3. In a bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, parsley, onion mixture and beaten egg, season with pepper. Use to fill the cavity of the turkey. Tie the legs together and twist the wings underneath.
4. Roast according to the directions on the back of the turkey bag.
5. Heat second measure Rose’s Sweet Orange Marmalade in a small microwave proof bowl for 10 seconds on High and combine with fresh lime juice. Remove the turkey from the oven 15 minutes before the end of the cooking time and brush with the citrus glaze, return to the oven for the final 15 minutes cooking time. Remove from the oven, cover and rest for the final 15 minutes before carving.
If you have extra stuffing make a roll and place on greased foil andwrap foil around to make a cracker. Cook alongside the turkey for the last 30-40 minutes.