- 1 Tegel frozen Turkey Breast Roast, defrosted
- 10 rashers rindless streaky bacon
Mango and Orange Salsa
- 425 g can Wattie's Mangoes in Light Syrup
- 2 oranges
- 3-4 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely minced ginger
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to season
1. Carefully snip the netting off the Tegel frozen Turkey Breast Roast, leaving the thin skin underneath in-tact.
2. Wrap the streaky bacon rashers over the roll in an overlapping manner and secure with toothpicks if necessary.
3. Place on a rack over a baking dish and cook at 180°C for 1 1/2 hours. Stand 5 minutes before removing the toothpicks.
Serve sliced either hot or cold with the Mango and Orange Salsa.
Salsa (Makes 2 cups)
1. Cut the Wattie’s Mangoes in Light Syrup into small dice.
2. Grate the zest from the orange then peel away and discard the thick white bitter pith. Segment the flesh finely.
3. In a bowl blend together the mangoes, orange zest and flesh, spring onions, ginger, honey, parsley, mint and a dash of oil. Season with salt and pepper.