Great easy recipe to follow, will make again.
You don’t need to have children to have fun with these gingerbread men. Roll up your sleeves and embrace your creative side to make these delicious treats.
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp Gregg's Ground Ginger
- 1 cup (220g) firmly packed Chelsea Soft Brown Sugar or Chelsea Dark Cane Sugar
- 150g butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup Chelsea Icing Sugar
- food colouring & lollies to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Sift flour, baking soda and Gregg's Ground Ginger together and place in a bowl or food processor. Add Chelsea Soft Brown Sugar or Dark Cane Sugar.
3. Add butter and rub in with fingertips or pulse in food processor until resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg and stir or pulse to mix. If the dough is too sticky, add a little more flour to the mix and wrap in cling wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Roll out on lightly floured surface or between 2 sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. Using cookie cutters, cut shapes and place on tray. Form leftover dough into a ball and re-roll and repeat cutting out until all the dough is used up.
5. Bake gingerbread men for 8-10 minutes or until cooked and golden. Remove from oven and cool on baking rack.
6. Make icing by adding a few drops of food colouring and 11⁄2 tsp water to the icing sugar. Drop a small amount under each spot where you wish to place a lolly.