my friend donna makes this for her big family its yummy my daughter gave up apple pie cream and custard one night to have this pudding i was tempted to try it myself looked good smelt great
Feijoa and Apple Crumble
If you have a feijoa tree, you may have so many feijoas that you don't know what to do with them! We are always trying new recipes in an attempt to use them all. This Feijoa and Apple Crumble is a fantastic autumn dessert.
- 75 g butter, diced
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup coconut
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup soft brown sugar
- Fruit Base
- 12 ripe feijoas, peeled and sliced
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup Cottee's Maple Flavoured Syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. To make the crumble place all ingredients into a food processor. Blend or pulse until combined.
3. Place the fruit in a soufflé or baking dish.Pour over Cottee's Maple Flavoured Syrup and mix. Top with the crumble mixture. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until fruit is cooked and crumble crisp and golden.
Double the crumble mix and then freeze the leftovers. Great to have on hand for a speedy dessert.
Replace maple syrup with 1/4 cup of sugar if wished.