- 4 rashers bacon, trimmed of rind
- 4 croissants
- Edam or cheddar cheese
- 300 g can Wattie's Baked Beans
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the bacon rashers on a microwave proof dish. Cover well with absorbent paper and place in the microwave. Cook on high power (100%) for 2 minutes. Allow to stand for around 1 minute until cool enough to handle.
- Carefully cut the croissants on an angle to make a pocket, but do not cut all the way through.
- Cut thick slices of cheese and place 1-2 in each croissant. Arrange a cooked bacon rasher on top of the cheese and then spoon in about 2-3 tablespoons of Wattie's Baked Beans.
- Place on an oven tray and cook for 10-15 minutes until hot and golden. Carefully remove from the oven, using oven gloves and serve with hot tea or coffee.
You can substitute Wattie’s Baked Beans with Wattie’s Baked Beans 50% Less Added Sugar*, if preferred.
* Contains 50% less added sugar and 30% less salt than the regular Wattie’s Baked Beans in tomato sauce 420g.