- 1 small onion, diced
- 100g spicy chorizo sausage, chopped
- 300g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 ¼ cup SunRice Arborio Rice
- 420g can Wattie's Condensed Tomato Soup
- 400g can Wattie's Tomatoes Chopped in Juice
- 1 tsp Gregg's Rubbed Oregano
- Grated parmesan cheese to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan assisted). Heat a dash of oil in a flameproof casserole dish on the stove top. Add onion and chorizo and cook over a medium to low heat until onion is soft. Increase the heat and add chicken. Continue stir frying until chicken colours.
- Stir in SunRice Arborio Rice, cooking until grains whiten.
- Pour over Wattie’s Condensed Tomato Soup, Wattie’s Tomatoes Chopped in Juice and ½ cup of water. Add Greggs Rubbed Oregano. Stir while bringing to the boil. Remove from the heat. Cover and transfer to the oven. Cook for 25 - 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir. There will still be some liquid which will absorb into the rice on standing. Rice should be cooked but still be firm to the bite. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with a good sprinkling of grated parmesan cheese and black pepper. Accompany with your favourite steamed green vegetables or a crisp green salad on the side.
Vine-ripened in Hawke’s Bay and picked when perfectly ready, these tomatoes are chopped and blended in their own juices to bring you only the best.