Recipes by Di Swann
1. Crumb the biscuits in a food processor or use a rolling pin to crush into fine crumbs. In a mixing bowl combine the biscuit crumbs, coconut, brown sugar, slivered almonds and cocoa.
2. In a small saucepan over a gentle heat melt the chocolate with the golden syrup and butter. Alternatively microwave in 20 second bursts until melted. Stir and cool slightly before whisking in the egg.
3. Pour mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
4. Line a tray with baking paper. Roll the mixture into small balls. Use about 1/2 Tbsp mixture per ball. Place on the tray and refrigerate until firm.
5. For dipping, place the chocolate in a bowl. Microwave in 20 second bursts until melted. Stir until smooth. Drop the balls one at a time into the chocolate to coat, using 2 forks lift the balls out of the chocolate and place on a clean sheet of baking paper. Refrigerate until set.
Try doubling the recipe and chill balls until firm. Freeze any excess balls prior to dipping in chocolate in an airtight container. Remove from the freezer and place on a tray lined with baking paper in a single layer in the fridge until thawed. Dip in melted chocolate . Return to fridge until set.