- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 rashers bacon, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp oil
- ½ cup pine nuts (optional)
- 335786 g can Wattie's Creamy Mushroom and Herb Pasta Sauce
- 2 ½ - 3 cups small pasta spirals
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs (parsley, basil, chives)
1. Cook the onion and bacon in the oil in a hot pan until the bacon is crispy and the onion lightly browned. Add the pinenuts if using and cook stirring for a further minute until they have just coloured. Set half this mixture aside.
2. Add the Wattie's Creamy Mushroom and Herb Pasta Sauce to the pan and heat through.
3. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for around 12 minutes until the pasta is al dente or just cooked. Drain and add to the pan. Stir gently to coat the pasta in the sauce.
4. Serve in bowl, topped with the remaining bacon mixture and fresh herbs for garnish.