Recipes by Di Swann
1. Wash the Tegel Turkey and pat dry using paper towels.
2. Heat the butter or oil in a frying pan and cook the onion, garlic and bacon until softened.
3. Add the breadcrumbs, orange rind, raisins, 1/2 cup Wattie's Bit On The Side Cracker Cranberry Sauce and mix together. Season well with salt and pepper.
4. Fill the turkey cavity with the stuffing. Tie the turkey legs together and twist the wings under the body.
5. Spread the softened butter on top of the turkey and place into a roasting dish. Cook according to the times on the back of the Tegel Turkey pack.
6. Mix the remaining cranberry sauce with the honey and during the last 20 minutes of cooking time, brush the turkey regularly to glaze.
Serve the turkey hot with your favourite trimmings.
Diced cold turkey makes a tasty topping for pizzas.
Add chunks of cold turkey in your favourite salad ingredients.
Try open sandwiches made with foccacia or wholegrain bread topped with slices of cold turkey.