- 4 rashers bacon, rind removed and chopped
- 5 sheets filo pastry, halved
- oil spray
- 410 g can Wattie’s Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
1. Preheat oven to 160°C fan bake, 180°C conventional. Sauté bacon in a small frying pan until bacon is cooked. Set aside.
2. Spray or brush a 25cm pie dish with a little oil. Spray halved sheets of filo pastry with oil and place in the pie dish overlapping evenly to cover the base and sides of the dish.
3. Scatter the cooked bacon and Wattie’s Whole Kernel Corn into the filo lined pie dish. Sprinkle over the grated cheese and chopped parsley.
4. Beat the eggs and milk together. Season well and pour over the top.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the egg custard is set and top is golden. Allow to stand for 5 minutes. Serve with a crisp green salad on the side.