Recipes by Di Swann
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease or line with baking paper a 20 x 30cm slice tin.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy. Mix in the egg.
3. Fold in the sifted flour, baking powder and cocoa. Mix together and press the mixture into the slice tin. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. While the base is baking, prepare the caramel by gently heating the filling ingredients together until they are combined.
5. Pour the filling over the partly cooked base and return to the oven for a further 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
6. When cooled, make the icing by mixing the ingredients together. Add hot water if required. Spread the icing over the caramel. Cut into small squares when icing has set.