Chickpea and Pumpkin Casserole
Canned chickpeas are a great staple to keep in your pantry. This recipe teams them with pumpkin, tomato and broccoli in a tasty vegetarian dish.
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 500-600g pumpkin
- 400g can Wattie's Chickpeas in Springwater, drained and rinsed
- 400g can Wattie's Savoury Tomatoes
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup vegetable stock or water
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a dash oil in a heat-proof casserole or lidded frying pan. Add the onion and cook for 3-5 minutes until soft.
2. Add the garlic and paprika and cook a further minute.
3. Dice the pumpkin and add to the pan with the drained Wattie's Chickpeas, Wattie’s Savoury Tomatoes, raisins and stock or water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add the broccoli to the casserole, cover and simmer for a further 5 minutes until the vegetables are all tender.
Season to taste before serving over rice.