- 2 Tbsp oil or butter
- 4 medium Tegel Chicken Breasts fillets
- 125 g mushrooms, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 250 g pottle creme fraiche
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 Tbsp French or Dijion mustard
1. Heat half the oil or butter in a frying pan and when hot, place the Tegel Chicken Breasts Fillets skin side down first. Cover with a lid and cook over a moderate heat for 5 minutes.
2. Turn over and cook a further 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Set aside on a plate and keep covered.
3. Add the remaining oil or butter to the pan and when hot, stir in the mushrooms and onion and cook over a moderate heat, stirring regularly until the vegetables are softened.
4. Stir in the mustard and creme fraiche and bring to a gentle simmer. Return the chicken to the pan, cover and heat through for a further 1-2 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper.
Serve with vegetables.
Creme fraiche requires no reducing down and does not curdle if boiled or mixed with wine.