Recipes by Di Swann
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat a dash of oil in a non-stick frying pan and brown the chicken. Remove and place in oven-proof casserole dish.
2. Add onion, carrot, celery and parsnip to pan and cook for 2 minutes or until just starting to brown. Pour in Wattie’s Condensed Creamy Chicken Soup, water or wine and thyme and mix thoroughly.
3. Pour into casserole dish. Cook for 1 1⁄2 hours.
4. Remove from oven and stir in sour cream, if using.
5. Place Wattie’s Homestyle Mashed Potato in a microwave safe bowl, cover and cook on high for 6-8 minutes. Stir and serve with the casserole and extra green vegetables.
Crockpot/Slow Cooker Instructions:
Prepare the recipe following step 1 and place in a slow cooker with the remaining ingredients but omit the water. Stir to combine and cook on LOW for approx 8 hours (refer to your user manual). Stir in sour cream if using and serve as directed above.