Very good. I used frsh veges quickly stir fried.
Chicken Bacon & Vegetable Frittata
- 3 cups Wattie’s frozen vegetables - Super Mix
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 200g Tegel Smoked Chicken Bacon
- 1-2 cooked potatoes, sliced
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 50g feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. In an oven-proof frying pan heat Wattie’s frozen Super Mix Vegetables for 2-3 minutes until cooked and any liquid has evaporated. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Add a dash of oil to pan if needed. Cook onion and Tegel Smoked Chicken Bacon until just browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add sliced cooked potato to the pan and arrange to make a base and return onion, chicken bacon and vegetables to the pan. Pour over the beaten egg and season with freshly ground pepper.
4. Place in oven for 15-20 minutes or until egg has set. Crumble with feta and serve with crusty bread.
Try this recipe with cooked kumara or pumpkin slices instead of potato.