Very nice, you can use without nectarines as well and still taste great.
Buttermilk Pancakes with Sweet Peaches
- 410g can Wattie's Peaches Sliced in Fruit Juice
- 1 1/2 cups self rising flour
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cultured buttermilk
- 50g butter
1. Drain the Wattie’s Peaches Sliced in Fruit Juice , reserving the juice. Sift the flour and mixed spice into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
2. Beat the reserved nectarine juice with the sugar, egg and cultured buttermilk together and pour into the centre and stir with a wooden spoon to make smooth batter.
3. Heat the butter in a frying pan and cook until it turns nut brown. Then carefully stir this into the batter. This will give the pancakes a lovely flavour.
4. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter into a heated frying pan and cook over a moderate heat until the bubbles appear on the surface, then flip and cook the other side.
5. Once all the pancakes are cooked, add the peach slices to the pan with 2-3 tablespoons of maple or golden syrup or honey and heat gently.
6. Serve the warm pancakes with the hot nectarines. Garnish with orange rind if wished.