Recipes by Di Swann
Barbecue Sauce (makes 2 cups)
1. Cook the onion and celery in the oil for about 3-5 minutes until well softened and lightly coloured.
2. Add the garlic, Wattie's Tomato Sauce, water, stock or red wine, mustard and brown sugar and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in the celery leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
To Assemble the Burgers
1. Cook the Wattie’s Original Steakhouse Burgers over a hot BBQ or under a hot grill for 5-6 minutes on each side.
2. Serve layered with Wattie’s Potato Medallions and salad greens and a good serving of BBQ Sauce on the side.
To Cook Potato Medallions
1. Place the frozen Wattie’s Golden Heart Potato Medallions on the BBQ and cook over a moderate heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. Alternatively place medallions on a baking tray and cook at 230°C for approximately 5 minutes on each side.