Recipes by Di Swann
1. Preheat oven to 180º C.
2. If using fresh apples; place in a lasagne style oven and microwave-safe dish with 2 Tbsp water, cover and microwave on HIGH for 8-10 minutes or until the apples are tender.
3. If using canned apples place in lasagne dish and heat in microwave. Carefully stir Wattie’s Boysenberries in Syrup through the apples.
4. Lightly grease the sides of the dish above the fruit.
5. Place eggs and sugar in a deep bowl and beat until the mixture is thick and will hold its shape. Sift flour, spice and a pinch of salt together.
6. Pour hot water down the inside of the bowl, then add sifted flour mixture and fold until thoroughly combined, do not beat. Pour over boysenberry mixture.
7. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the sponge springs back whenlightly touched. Serve warm with yoghurt or custard.