- 400 g frozen sweet short pastry, thawed
- ½ cup Craig’s Blueberry Jam
- 125 g softened butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp natural almond essence
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Roll the sweet short pastry to line the base and sides of a 23cm loose bottom flan tin. Trim the edges. Chill for 10 minutes in the fridge.
2. Spread the base of the pastry case with Craig’s Blueberry Jam.
3. Cream the softened butter, sugar and almond essence until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs. Fold in the sifted flour and baking powder. Spoon the mixture into the tart and smooth the top to even it out.
4. Sprinkle over the sliced almonds. Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden and cooked. Serve warm with custard or cold as a perfect afternoon tea treat.
Watch How To Video
If you want to make your own sweet short crust pastry then click here.