Recipes by Di Swann
1. Preheat oven to 190°C.
2. Cook the onions and garlic in a dash of oil in a frying pan until softened.
2. Squeeze out the moisture from the defrosted Wattie’s frozen Free Flow Spinach and add to the pan with the ricotta or cream cheese. Season with the nutmeg, salt and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes then cool. Scatter the walnuts in.
3. Spread one sheet of filo pastry lightly with melted butter and place a second sheet on top. Repeat with a further 6 sheets of filo.
4. Arrange half the spinach mixture down the center of the filo. Cut brie into thick slices and place down the center. Arrange the remaining spinach on top.
5. Roll up the pastry to enclose the spinach filling. Place roll join-side down on a greased baking tray. Brush the remaining sheets of filo with melted butter and scrunch together and place on top of roll.
6. Bake for 40 minutes until golden and crispy. Serve warm or cold in thick pieces.
In place of butter you can use an oil spray between the filo pastry layers.