- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 2 x 400 g cans Wattie’s Tomato Passata
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 300 g dried spaghetti
- grated Parmesan cheese to serve
1. Heat a dash of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes until the onion is soft. Add the mince and cook for 5 minutes or until the mince changes colour. Use a wooden spoon to break up any lumps.
2. Add the Wattie’s Tomato Passata, rosemary and oregano. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil then simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until the sauce has thickened and the mince is cooked.
Serve over spaghetti and top with grated Parmesan.
Add two rashers of chopped bacon or pancetta with the onion and garlic for a delicious smoky flavour.