This simple meal will fill you up the kids love Wattie's Baked Beans it will melt in your mouth
Beef and Bean Spaghetti Bolognese
Help make your Bolognese go further by adding baked beans – sure to become a family favourite.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 300g lean beef mince
- 420g can Wattie's Original Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 420g can Wattie's Baked Beans
- 400g spaghetti pasta
- shaved Parmesan cheese (optional)
- fresh basil (optional)
1. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and cook the onion until it begins to soften. Add beef mince and brown.
2. Stir in Wattie’s Original Pasta Sauce and mixed herbs. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add Wattie’s Baked Beans and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes until mince is cooked and beans are hot.
3. While Bolognese sauce is cooking, cook spaghetti pasta according to packet directions. Garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese and basil if wished. Serve with seasonal vegetables.