1. Trim the crusts from the bread slices and flatten each with a rolling pin. Cut 12 slices into 10cm diameter rounds. Brush one side lightly with melted butter and place into 12 muffin tins.
2. Bake at 180°C for 15-18 minutes or until crisp and golden.
3. Panfry the onion and beef mince in a dash of oil, until the mince is browned and onion softened. Stir in the Wattie’s Baked Beans and thyme and heat through.
4. Spoon equal amounts of mixture into the bread cases. Cut remaining bread slices into small triangles and brush with melted butter. Place 2 overlapping triangles on top of each pie and sprinkle with a little grated cheese.
5. Cook for a further 10-12 minutes or until the tops are crisp and golden.