Recipes by Di Swann
1. Lightly grease a 23cm x 13cm loaf tin. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Cook the onion and garlic in a dash of oil over medium heat until the onion softens. Remove from heat and place in a bowl to cool.
3. Add beef mince, sausage meat, breadcrumbs, Wattie’s Baked Beans, Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce, thyme and parsley and mix together until well combined.
4. Turn meat mixture into the prepared loaf tin. Press mixture firmly into the tin and smooth the top. Cover with foil.
5. Bake meatloaf for 45 minutes. Remove foil and brush the top with Wattie’s Tomato Sauce. Return to the oven and cook a further 5 minutes until top is glazed.
6. Drain off any fat residue and allow to rest in the tin for 10 minutes to firm up before turning out onto a serving plate. Cut into thick slices. Serve with creamy mashed potato, seasonal vegetables and extra tomato sauce or try serving cold with salad or as a sandwich filling.